Making homemade cards with love by Michelle U.

Altenew Educator Certification Program - Clean & Simple Boutique Cards

Happy Sunday Everyone,
Today I worked on cards for the Clean & Simple Class.  I found I really enjoyed the class because it was a great reminder that cards don't have to be crazy complicated to be good - which was such a relief for me.  I had such fun, I couldn't resist with just one card!

The first card I made was for a stamped background.  I needed  aThinking of You card for a friend going through a rough time, so I wanted it to be soft and subtle.
Using my Misti to get even spacing between the words, I used Thinking of You in morning frost for all the sentiments except the main one.  I used embossed that one using Versamark and Ranger Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder.  

After deciding it needed a little something else, I used my Versamark pad and rubbed it along the base of the white card stock I would be adhering my panel to, and then also heat embossed that in the same Platinum color.  I thought that gave the card a soft look and pulled it together nicely. 

As I kept working my way through the class, I loved the reminder about how easy foil can be to use.  Even easier, when I remembered  you don't even have to pull out your laminator!  

Using my 1" Sookwang tape, I adhered it to my panel on a diagonal and placed the foil on top of it. After burnishing the foil, and pulling it off.....  WALAA....look at how pretty that looks! 

 I then die cut a HELLO, but I felt it needed something more.  I had just bought Nuvo Crystal Glaze, and thought I would give it a try.  First method I tried was just placing it on the die cut, which I think is the right way to use it, but I also tried brushing it on with an old paint brush.  That worked too - it gave it a little texture, but I think I liked the one that I just put directly on the die cut - it gave it a little dimension and made it shiny - I like shiny!  Just a few Black Nuvo Drops to finish it off, and the 2nd card was done.  


The hardest part of this project for me was taking pictures of the cards.  Foil is really hard to take a picture of, I mean really hard.  If anyone has some tricks, be sure to comment and let me know!

Thanks for stopping by today.

With Love and Cards,


1 comment on "Altenew Educator Certification Program - Clean & Simple Boutique Cards"
  1. Very clean and simple indeed, Michelle! I love how you added the shine with foil. The Nuvo drops are lovely touches! Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature